CS223: Software Engineering
- Credits L-T-P [C]: 3-0-3 
- Where: LHB106
- When: Tue 10:00-10:50, Thu 9:00-9:50, Fri 11:00-11:50
- Lab: Fri 14:00-16:30
- Introduction: Problem of software development, problem of scale, basic process approach, etc.
- Software Process Models: concept of processes, process specification, process models & utilities
- Advanced Object-based Modeling - Unified Modified Language
- Structural Diagrams: Profile, Component, Package, Deployment, and Composite Structure
- Behavioral Diagrams: Timing, Communication, and Interaction Overview
- Requirement analysis and specification: the basic problem, the sub-phases in the phase, analysis techniques (structured analysis), specification, validation, function point analysis, coding requirement specification in UML.
- Design principles and structured design methodology: partitioning, top-down and bottom-up, step-wise refinement, coupling and cohesion, design on UML
- Coding: style, structured programming, verification concepts
- Testing: testing purpose, levels of testing, black box testing, white box testing, different test case generation approaches, test planning, test scenarios, regression testing
- Project planning: effort, schedule, quality, project monitoring, and Configuration Management
- Agile Software Development: The agile philosophy, agile process models, agile project management, SCRUM, SPRINT.
- Test-Driven Development: Test case design, workflow, refinements
- Software Requirements Specification: Prepare SRS for the given systems like Leave Management System, Assignment Management System, Story Management System (Newspaper House) etc. (Every student works with her / his partner with one specified system - chosen from a set of 20 systems)
- HDL and LLD of the Systems under Development
- Coding and implementation of the System
- Test Modeling with UML - Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Regression Test
- Deployment and Customer Feedback
- Requirements Migration and Version Management
Will be added time-to-time
||10% + 10% + 30%
||for Lab Assignments
||Will be Announced
- Classroom URL: http://172.16.100.119/moodle/course/view.php?id=10
- Use your LDAP user id/password
- Access Code: Please ask me at the classroom!